Click and collect system expanded
28 May 2020
We have been overwhelmed by the demand for our click and collect service. Now we are all used to the system, we have been able to add more slots throughout the week, so more of you can enjoy our delicious fish and chips and we can all still stay as safe as possible.
We have listened to our customers and reduced the minimum order value to just £5, so people living alone are not excluded from being able to order. We will also now be open Wednesday and Thursday lunchtime, 11.30am – 1.30pm in addition to our current opening times.
From Monday 1 June, subject to availability, we will start to accept some walk-up orders too. Only card payments will be accepted (strictly no cash). Availability very much depends on how busy we are and you maybe asked to wait or return at a later time. Therefore, to guarantee service, we recommend that you place your order via our click and collect service. Unfortunately we cannot offer walk-up orders after 4pm on Friday and Saturday.
How does our online click & collect system work?
- We will only be able to accept orders that have been placed using our click and collect system (minimum order £5) which you can access via this website or the ‘shop now’ button on our Facebook page.
- When you click on the ‘Order and Collect’ button at the top right of every page on our website or ‘shop now’ on our Facebook page you will be directed to our online order system.
The system allows you to pre order up to four days in advance. To ensure we can adhere to strict social distancing rules, we have limited the number of slots available per hour. If the time or day you were wanting to order isn't showing, this means that we are fully booked for that time or day.
- Select from our menu what you'd like to order then select a day and time from those available and pay for your order online (minimum order £5). Please make sure you check the time and day on your order confirmation.
- Please use the ‘Add special instructions’ (on the payment screen) to tell us if you would like particular items packaging separately etc.
- Arrive at the shop at the correct time to collect your order. Orders will be collected from our doorway – you will not be able to enter the shop. Please tell us your name and have your order confirmation reference to hand. Please try to arrive on time, rather than either early or late to help ensure we can maintain social distancing outside the shop.
- If you have missed something you wanted when you placed your order, you can add an item when you come to collect your order (subject to availability) and pay by contactless card payment for the additional item (no cash will be accepted).
- Unfortunately, due to us having to limit the amount of staff on site, we will be unable to accept any telephone orders or to change the pick-up time or day of an order you have placed.
- We will also not be able to respond to emails or Facebook messages during opening hours.
- We cannot offer refunds for any order which is not collected.
- If we have unfortunately run out of an item ordered we may substitute a similar item where appropriate.
- If after collecting your order you find a problem with it, please email us and we will respond as soon as we can, but this is unlikely to be during business hours.
- Due to the current circumstances, all offers and promotions are currently suspended until things get back to normal. This includes our loyalty card scheme and carrier bag discount which we will reinstate as soon as we’re able.